Preamble - "Give credit where credit is due. First, I want to acknowledge my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the giver of every good and perfect gift. Without Him, I can do nothing (John 15:5). I recognized and declare He alone is due credit for any gift or talent I possess. Moreover, may He use them for His Glory."
"My appreciation for the art of quilt-making reflects the joy I experience when I observe God’s creativity in man, animals and nature. He is the creator of ALL things (John 1:3). The name, Living Water Quilter, LLC comes from John 7:38, “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water”. These are the words and promise of Jesus, the Christ. I believe in Him and I believe His promise." Geraldine
Geraldine was a member of the Los Angeles Times reporting team that won a Pulitzer Prize in 1995 for reporting the chaos and devastation in the aftermath of the Northridge earthquake on January 17, 1994. Find images by Geraldine in Getty Images Archive.
A native New Yorker, Geraldine moved to Los Angeles in 1993 to begin a photojournalism career at the Los Angeles Times. After a successful 11-year career that garnered a Pulitzer Prize, she moved to Virginia in 2005 to work for a worldwide Christian magazine. Her photos continue to be published by the Los Angeles Times and Getty Images. Photos have also been published in National Geographic, A Mother’s Touch, Swat Teams-Career Heroes.
Geraldine began her quilting journey with a Virginia church group in 2006. Since then, she has made major strides in the quilting industry, joined several quilt guilds and is a founding board member the Fredericksburg, Virginia, Modern Quilt Guild.
Establishing connections through peer education, personal and institutional development, Geraldine began partnering national brands like Juki America, Sew Steady, Peak Media, Fat Quarter Shop, Clover USA, CT Publishing, Art Gallery Fabrics, Island Batik Fabrics and BERNINA.
As a former Westalee Design Accredited Teacher and Juki America Educator she criss-crossed the United States teaching at guilds and large quilt shows.
Through her brand, Living Water Quilter, Geraldine teaches at international shows like Quilt Con, is a BERNINA Ambassador, was a LIVE show host for Clover Needlecraft, and teaches and lectures at regional retreats and quilting group throughout the U.S..
Her quilts have exhibited in local and regional quilt shows, national touring events and shows with Hoffman Fabrics, American Quilt Society Quilt Week at Paducah, Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival, curated exhibits at the Virginia Quilt Museum and juried Sacred Threads exhibits.
Geraldine was featured in “Designer Spotlight “, an article published in the July/August 2019 issue of Quiltmaker magazine. She is a regular contributing quilt designer in Fons & Porter's Quick + Easy Quilts and Quiltmaker magazines. She is a contributor to the following quilt books: 1000 Quilt Inspirations, The Quilter’s Planner and Free Motion Framework.
View her quilt designs in McCall’s Quick Quilts, Quiltmaker, McCall’s Quilting and Pre-Cut Patchwork magazines. Geraldine's work has been featured on the websites of quilt industry partners Island Batik, AccuQuilt, Sew Steady, Quilter’s Dream Batting, Fat Quarter Shop, Electric Quilt and Quilt in a Day.
- AccuQuilt’s BOB
- Quilt in a Day’s Wonky Ruler
- New Quilters Bloggers
- Fabri-Quilt New Quilt Block
- Paint Brush Studio
- Cloud 9 Fabrics
- Ink & Arrow Fabrics Whip it Up!
- Blithe Fabrics Blog Tour
- The Great Outdoors Blog Hop
- Quilters Dream Batting Batt Girl
- Sew Cute
- Blossom Hearts
- Free Motion by the River
- Sew Mama Sew
- Quilt Shop Gal
Art Shows & Juried Exhibits
- Liberty Town Arts Center 2015
- Christian Arts Festival 2015
- Virginia Quilt Museum 2017
- Virginia Quilt Museum 2018
- Sacred Threads 2019-2022
Ambassador & Educator
- Westalee Design Accredited Teacher 2015-2020
- Juki America Educator 2017-18
- Island Batik Ambassador and Pattern Designer 2018-19
- C&T Publishing Kraft-Tex Ambassador 2018-19
- Electric Quilt Artisan 2021
- Bernina & Bernette Ambassador 2023-24
- One Thousand Quilt Inspirations
- Quilter’s Planner 2017
- Free-Motion Framework
- McCall’s Quick Quilts, Feb/Mar 2019
- Pre-Cut Patchwork Mar/Apr 2019
- McCall’s Quilting May/June 2019
- Modern Monthly June 2019
- Quiltmaker July/Aug 2019
- McCall’s Quilting Sept/Oct 2019
- Quilt + Easy Quilts Aug 2020, Feb & Dec 2021
- Quilter’s Planner Magazine 2020
- Quilter’s Planner 2017, 2020, 2021
- Curated Quilts Jan 2020
- Love of Quilting June 2021
- Make Modern Magazine 2020 - 2022
- Quiltmaker Magazine July/August 2022
- Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival, Virginia 2015-2019
- Hoffman Challenge Traveling Exhibit 2015
- Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival, Colorado 2017
- Heritage Redefined - Virginia Quilt Museum 2017
- Kelly Cline Quilting Vintage Challenge Tour 2017
- American Quilt Society, Daytona Beach and Paducah 2019
- Modern Quilt Guild, Quilt Con Faculty - 2022, 2023
- Mid-Appalachian Quilters Retreat - 2018-19
- Virginia Consortium of Quilters Celebration - 2022
- Vidfest/Podfest - Amazon Live Speaker - 2022
- People of Video - Amazon Live Speaker - 2022
Be inspired by a story of faith. Learn how the latter part of a photographic career and an artistic eye navigated to quilt-making and teaching. The story weaves a tapestry of faith that encourages the listener. From photographer to quilter and so much more.
As a photojournalist for Calvary Chapel Magazine (2004-2017), I traveled internationally to record mission work within the Calvary Chapel family of churches. In addition to traveling globally, as photo editor, I coordinated international photo coverage, which includes assigning and coaching freelance photographers with varying levels of experience.